Monday 23 May 2011

Uni

During my degree course I went in as a jack of all trades and came out the same. I enjoy too many areas of fashion and arts based cultures that i rarely sit still.

The first project, and probably one of the ones im most proud of, was a womenswear piece that i drew inspiration from lighting and cleverly folded shades.
I took inspiration from the folds in a Klein paper lamp shade to create a geometric pleat.

I then used the balloon qualities of the lamp for the structure of the dress seen below. 

    
        

Throughout my three years of development I chopped and changed in different areas of fashion and decided to explore menswear for my Final Major Project. you can see more details on that project at http://tomwakeford.blogspot.com/. But here are a few taster images below. I was focussing on the tribal aspects of male subculture and propelling them to the future with a modern use of colour and a nod to traditional material used in clandestine tribes, such as copper and leather. This collection was later featured at London Graduate Fashion Week.











No comments:

Post a Comment