Tuesday 24 May 2011

Work

As with any graduate you can imagine a fair amount of searching and temp work must be done before you get your first job in your specified field.

Well i got fed up with this process so after a few months of saving and working for a medical company (hardly arts based) I moved to london in a spur of the moment idea. After endless nights sleeping on a mates livingroom floor and searching the streets and websites for job opportunities I came across an amazing job.

My first fashion job was as an assistant to creative director and designer of http://www.dahliafashion.co.uk/. This job evolved into creative writer for the website, Facebook and blog as well as my pre-existing jobs.






Here are some mood boards I created for:
January

February
March

Although I did love my job, after a bit of soul searching I came to realise that London life wasn't right for me just yet.  It was sad to leave people behind, and i made some really amazing friends that i don't think could ever be replaced, but ultimately I wasn't happy.

With that in mind there was no point in me leaving unless I found work in the fashion or creative industries sector and with a bit of luck and hard work I soon became the newest employee on the NEXT graduate scheme for buyers. I'm currently waiting for my start date, but hopefully around June i'll be moving up to Leicester and starting a new stage in my career as a buyer. 

Beyond excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment